SimpleDiag SD13 – Mercedes-Benz Dash Renew
SimpleDiag 13 License (SD13) – Mercedes-Benz Dash Renew
The SimpleDiag 13 software is designed for customers who want to renew Mercedes-Benz instrument clusters. Once the cluster is in “virgin state” – the kilometers are zero and drive authorisation data is also reset. In other words – the synchronisation between instrument clusters and EZS (FBS3 or FBS4) is broken.
The following functions are available in the SD13 software:
- Read/Write eeprom by OBDII or on bench (Also standalone without Gateway on bench for some clusters)
- Renew IC function
- Learn IC function
Fully by OBDII
- No soldering of unblocked MCU
- No dismount of dash
- No longer necessary to unblock the MCU of the instrument cluster directly by accessing the PCB
Dashboards can also be learned with DAS/Xentry after renew procedure. As well, the new LCD clusters are powered up on bench with functions to see real Picture when working on bench.
- KI 164: ML(W164); GL(X164) – Year (2006-2010)
- KI 203: C(W203); CLK(W209) – Year (2006-2010)
- KI 211: E(W211); CLS(C219); CLK(W209); G(W463) – Year (2005-2010)
- KI Low: A(W169); B(W245) – Year (2005-2011)
- KI 221: S(W221); CL(C216) – Year (2005-2013)
- IC 204: C(W204); GLK(X204); SLS(W197); SL(W231); E(W212); CLS(W218) – Year (2007-2018)
- IC 172: G(W463 2013-2017); GLS/ML/GLE(W166/292); A/GLA/CLA(W117/156/176); B/GLK (W246/X204); SLK/SLC(W172); SL(R231) – Year (2011-2019)
- IC 222: C/GLC(W205/253); C/GLC Facelift(W205/253); S/CL(W222/217);Maybach(V222); AMG GT(C190) – Year (2013-2018)
- IC 222: W217/222 pre facelift – up to 2016
- IC 222: W217/222 pre facelift – Year (2016-2019)
For the IC222 year 2016-2018 – might be necessary to unlock MCU first with external tool. ” Full OBD solution in preparation”
- IC 213 analog: S/CL(W222/217) Facelift; G(W463 – 2018+); E/CLS/E cabrio(W213/238/257); C/GLC(W205/253 facelift only small LCD)
- IC 213 FULL LCD: S/CL(W222/217)Facelift;G(W463 – 2018+);E/CLS/E cabrio(W213/238/257);C/GLC(W205/253 facelift)
- IC 470: X-class Pickup(W470) – Year (2017+)
- IC 447: V-class Vito/Viano (W447) – Year (2014+)
Steps to use the SD13 tool – Mercedes-Benz Dash Renew:
- Connect dash with diagnostic – make sure you see active diagnostic variant
- See the software versions of dashboard
- See the state of the dash
- See the state of the dash
- See the read of trip mileage
- See main mileage of dash
- Use Simplediag MB dash renew software
- Use the function ‘’Read EEPROM’’ before and safe dump for back up, then click ‘’Renew IC’’ and start procedure.
- Make sure you choose the correct car & software and everything will be done automatically.
- Let the software read all the needed memory for the process and wait until the software writes the needed memory areas back.
Steps to use the SD13 tool – Instrument Cluster Renew:
- Read the original EEPROM from the cluster
- Successfully read EEPROM from the cluster and it is good to save it to have the original.
- Once the cluster is in ‘virgin state’’ the kilometres are zero and drive authorisation is also reset.
- Learn IC function adapts the cluster to the car